Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Our Three Christmases 2013

Christmas Eve day began at our house. We had breakfast and decided to light the last candle of our advent spiral that morning since we knew we would be out for the evening. Having the spiral this year has been so much fun and has helped us count down in such a special way. I look forward to using this for years and years to come. The spiral was made by Oak Tree Vibrations and he candles were made by Crystal Mountain Beeswax.




On Christmas Eve, we had a lovely dinner with my parents, my grandma, my brother, his girlfriend, my wonderful husband, and the kids. After dinner, Daddy, myself and the kids went for a car ride to look at Christmas decorations around the surrounding neighborhoods. There were so many beautiful houses this year to look at. Rainbow Girl was "keeping a sharp eye out for Santa in the sky." Every now and then she would exclaim, "I think I saw a flash of red!!!"


When we returned to my parent's house, Santa had come! The living room was full of gifts and the stockings were full! So much excitement. 







When we returned home from my parent's house, much to everyone's dismay, Santa had not gotten there yet. Everyone went to bed, and shortly thereafter, Santa came down the chimney and left the children some wonderful gifts

Included in the pile of gifts were a few gifts that the kids had picked out at the Girl Scout Christmas Party. They had a room full of donated items for the children to pick through and purchase at $1 each. Both of the children bought a gift for each other, one for me, and one for Daddy. 

When the children came down the stairs on Christmas morning, Rainbow Girl ran straight for the gift she had bought for me and very excitedly watched as I opened it. :)


Rainbow Girl holding her gift for me.













Later that morning, my mom and grandma stopped by to see what Santa had brought us and to make a treat with us. They had brought the ingredients to make Reindeer Noses! (Sugar coated cranberries) They were delicious!




After nap time on Christmas Day, we went to Namoo and Paka J's house. (My inlaws) There we had a lovely light dinner, made egg carton "silver bells", and exchanged gifts. 







A major thank you to everyone who helped make our Christmas so beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment