Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Alanis's First Birthday!

One year ago on this day, our family truly became complete with the birth of this beautiful soul. She really is the sweetest little snail that you'll ever meet. 



We started her special day with her favorite food, avocados! She had "Happy Birthday" sung to her by mommy, daddy, brother and sister- and she loved it! 





After breakfast, with revernce, we began the process of planting her placenta. Just as when we planted Sugar Bear's placenta , it was a family afair. 









My babies and their trees.

My little lady then opened up her present that the big kids helped pick out, a Lego Duplo set.






It was then, of course, time for a pram photoshoot. 









We had some visitors outside of our window at lunch time.



















After Grandma was off of work, she joined in the festivities as well, bringing Alanis a Bitty Baby American Girl Doll. She was much more into the doll sippy cup than the actual doll.














A few days later was her big birthday party! We had three pools, a piƱata, cake, snail gummies, presents, and lots of friends and family! It was a beautiful day to celebrate the littlest of our brood.
















































A couple weeks later, (due to mamas being in labor and rescheduling!) we went to visit our amazing Nancy, the midwife who helped me bring my youngest children into the world in the beauty of home water birth. She helped me through my miscarriage after Skylar, and was my rock during my 41 weeks of worry that was Axel's pregnancy. She's the one who told me at my one year visit with Axel that she did not think I was done having children. "You have such a fantastic cervix!" She was right! We needed one more babe to complete our family. She is the one I call when I or one of the kids is really sick, and she's always there to help. Thank you Nancy. Thank you so much!






No comments:

Post a Comment