Monday, May 20, 2013

April 7-14, 2013

As usual, we started off our week with our wonderful friends at Early Learning Circle. 





After Early Learning Circle, Rainbow Girl and I went back to my parent's house (where Sugar Bear was) to set up the first pool of the season. Once warm weather is upon us, we try to spend as much time as possible outside, exploring nature. Adding water to the mix just makes things better.

We let it sit over nap time to warm a bit and then the kids had a ball measuring, dumping, pouring, and watering the plants.







The following day was even more glorious, so we were outside again. Rainbow Girl found out on her own that if she picked a piece of "onion grass" and pinched off the top, she could use it as a straw to blow bubbles in the pool. Yay science.




On Wednesday we had Playgarden. This week was very relaxed because we were the only ones in attendance besides the lovely host family. We had our circle time, and then the host mama taught me how to make Waldorf window stars out of kite paper.




I love weeds.






Then we helped the children make bubble wands out of heavy gauge wire. They were obviously a hit. 






Later that day, after nap time, we had more outdoor water play time. Some of our old friends came over to play. 

While we were outside, my dad came over to fix my spicket (which I know is apparently spelled "spigot" but I refuse to spell it that way. It's just wrong.)....so anyway, my dad was over to fix the spicket because my husband someone, while putting away the generator a few months ago slammed into the spicket and broke it clean off the wall. 

You know what IS a fun plumbing word? Escutcheon.

Back to the spicket. It is hard  to fill up a giant pool with a bucket. So, my dad came to the rescue to fix it. Luckily for him, there were three boys at my house, very interested in helping.











On Saturday, we went to a party at a friend's house. It is always a delight to see the kids interact with old and new friends. 



Sunday was Paka's (my dad's) birthday. 



1 comment: