Tuesday, November 13, 2012

November 5-11, 2012

What an exciting week! We all had colds at the beginning of the week and took it easy for the most part, doing little crafts and resting a lot.


On November 8th, I was given the honor to witness the birth of a beautiful baby boy. This is the same mama that I held a Mother Blessing for a few weeks ago. It was a beautiful, perfect birth. After I have had time to let it all soak in and have had the opportunity to talk to the mama about it, I may write about the experience.


Quite frequently, Rainbow Girl surprises me with fantastic ideas. 

On Friday, she made a paper apple tree in art class. After nap that day, she said to me completly out of the blue, "Mama, I would like to write a book about my apple tree."

Sure sweet Rainbow Girl. Let's write a book!

I habe a laminator machine that also doubles as a book binder. The machine came with several empty bindings that I have never had a reason to use. Hello reason! I began by cutting a few pieces of construction paper down to the size of the book.

Rainbow Girl began by pasting her apple tree on the first page.



She wrote the whole story completely on her own, I only helped with spelling.
"The little apple tree was alone.
Then, her Mama and Dada came.
Her Grandma came too.
Little Apple Tree was happy."




Binding the book

Hello election day! After going to the Obama Rally, Rainbow Girl has been quite interested in the election. She wanted to know about the issues and the differences between Obama and Romney. I tried to explain the best I could in ways she would understand.




When we walked into the polling location, Rainbow Girl said, in a loud enough voice for those around us to hear, "Where is Obama?" Everyone had a good giggle, and I explained to Rainbow Girl where he likely was, waiting for the results in his hometown. 

I let her push my voting choices and both kids pushed the big "VOTE" button together. We all were given "I Voted" stickers.

Rainbow Girl and I had a rough time getting to sleep that night, not knowing the results. In the morning, when I told her who had won the election, she was ecstatic. My little Obama supporter. <3

***

To celebrate my birthday this year, I decided to have a vegan potluck and bonfire in our yard. We had many of my fantastic friends over and had a great time hanging out and celebrating. The weather was perfect.

Rainbow Girl and her Best Friend





My brother and his girlfriend are vegan as well and she made me a fantastic cake!











1 comment: