Saturday, April 5, 2014

Wrap Scrap Teethers ("Bunnies!")

Woven wraps. Jeez-louise I love them. I was introduced to woven wraps a little late in the game with Sugar Bear. He was almost 18 months old when I bought my first woven. I am so excited to have a pretty sizable wrap stash to use with my new squish! :3

When I first saw the idea of wrap scrap teethers, Sugar Bear was well past the need, so I never looked into buying or making one. I knew this time around, I wanted to have one for the new bean. When I signed up for a Nursery Toys Swap in one of my groups, I was inspired to make several. (Along with these adorable Snuggle Dolls!)

About a year ago, I had purchased a pack of wrap scraps to make something out of. I did not know yet what.... and so the gorgeous fabric just sat there, waiting for me to be inspired. Finally, with an idea in mind, it still took a lot of will power to bring my scissors to cut it!! 

I first made a trial piece out of scrap flannel to test on the wooden ring to make sure it was a perfect length, then I summoned my courage, and cut the wrap fabric.


I was making six teething rings, so I cut six pieces of wrap, and six pieces of micro terry for the opposite side. I put the "right" sides together and sewed with the machine almost all the way around, leaving enough room to turn them. 


While I was doing so, Rainbow Girl was making tiny fairy pants out of the wee bit of remaining wrap fabric.


After turning them, I ironed the seams flat and stitched all the way around again, closing the hole.



After they were all sewn, I looped them around a three inch wooden ring and pulled tight.


Sugar Bear exclaimed "BUNNIES!" when he saw this pile of teethers and began hip- hopping them around.


No comments:

Post a Comment