Sunday, December 15, 2013

July 2013

Playgarden











Fun at a winery.



Our Living Room








This July, I found out about a sale that I just could not resist taking advantage of! Melisa over at Waldorf Essentials had all of her curriculum 30% off! Even her lifetime memberships! The lifetime membership includes lifetime access to her Mom Lesson program, Thinking Feeling Willing, digital access to all of the curriculum, hard copies of all of the curriculum (grades K-6!!), access to all of her videos, 20% off everything in her store (though most things are already included), and unlimited counseling with her (the author of the curriculum) via phone or email. 

Making this major purchase took a lot of thought for me, especially since I had very little experience with Waldorf Essentials. I read through all of her sample lessons, spoke to friends who have used parts of it, and had some email communication with the author herself. 

In the end, I decided that this deal was very much worth it for our family, and I am SO excited to have it. (As I am writing this, it is December, and we have VERY much enjoyed it!)



Oh, all of the rides are closed because of the rain? No worries. Kings Dominion has a Sweet Frog and lovely puddles to play in while we wait for the 3D Dinosaur movie to start. 







We also decided to make the investment in a pool this summer!! I must brag about the amazing deal I got on this pool. I went to Target to check out this pool, knowing it was on sale and how perfectly it would fit on our back cement patio. I noticed the box had been opened and contacted a manager saying that I want it, but want an open box discount. I was granted a 20% discount, and was still able to use my 5% discount with the use of my Target Red Card. (That is connected to my bank account, I highly recommend it.)

In the end, I purchased it for almost $100 less than the regular price. 

Because we filled it with the hose, it took almost a week to fill. I filled it only a few hours at a time because we have a well. Even so, the kids LOVED playing in it at every stage of filling- even though it was freeeeeezing water.





The Fourth of July!






























The BIG haircut. After a couple months of constant pools, amusement parks, and general going to bed with her hair wet....Rainbow Girl's hair was just impossible. She agreed that it was time for a major haircut. You may recall that in January, she had her very first haircut where we cut off six inches. This time, we discussed how much we were going to cut off and when she expressed the want to cut a lot off, I explained how she could donate it to a child who didn't have any hair, maybe because they were very sick. She was very into this idea, and off came thirteen inches of hair

I am so proud of her.

















Roller Derby!














Summer Fun <3

No comments:

Post a Comment