Wednesday, April 10, 2013

March 18-24, 2013

As usual, we started off the week with Early Learning Circle. 








Last week we started our lesson on cardinal direction. This week, we decided to make a map of Rainbow Girl's room using her new compass. Using that map, a box, and dollhouse furniture, she created a diorama of her room! 






Later, we went down to the school room where Rainbow Girl decided to write numbers on the chalkboard. I was playing with water beads with Sugar Bear when I turned around and she had written the numbers all the way to 15!






Sugar Bear transformed into Pouty Bear.


To turn Pouty Bear back to Sugar Bear, we went and spent the rest of the day outside. It was lovely. :)






Uhoh, turning back into Pouty Bear....

The following day, we had some fabulous friends over to play. We are loving that the weather is getting warm again. My children, as most children do, thrive and love to be outside.





The next day, during nap time, Rainbow Girl and I made our way to the school room for some big girl time. She began by playing with color paddles. We love mixing colors with them. 


Since we were having alone time, I decided to bring out a fun kit for us to work on. Rainbow Girl loves to make books of her own, and when I saw this board book kit at Target on clearance, I snatched it up. We mutually decided to make a book about Spring. Before beginning, I brought out a book we had yet to discover, The Reason for Seasons by Gail Gibbons and we read up on the seasons to get Spring fresh in her mind. 



She decided to make a page each on the following topics in her book: a garden featuring tomato plants, kite flying, a bird nest with eggs, flowers, and a swimming pool.



Saturday, I spent the whole day at the homeschooling conference. It was awesome. I loved it last year and very much enjoyed it again this year. I made some great finds at the used reasource sale- one being a book that I had in my Amazon cart- L M N O P and All the Letters A to Z. A $19 book came home with me for only 25 cents. 

In the storytelling class that I took, the speaker was Jim Weiss. He is a wonderful storyteller with amazing voices. I ended up bringing home five of his CDs. The favorite is Sweet Dreams. Sugar Bear takes forever to fall asleep most nights, but this CD helps a lot. We are also enjoying a couple of his classic story recordings in the car.

The next day, we went to the inlaws house for an Easter celebration. We started playing with play-doh, had brunch and gifts, and then had an egg hunt.











No comments:

Post a Comment