Wednesday, March 20, 2013

February 25- March 3, 2013

Another Monday morning at Early Learning Circle this week. I told you all last week what we do during this. We really love it. Rainbow Girl looks forward to it all week. 






After Early Learning Circle, and after picking up Sugar Bear, we joined the rest of the gang from earlier in the day at the Children's Museum for the homeschooler's art class. While Rainbow Girl was in the class, Sugar Bear and I enjoyed playing in the nearly empty museum. 








After Rainbow Girl was done with class (the sculpted with clay), we played a bit more, had snack together and looked at the chickens that they have before leaving.







Another morning in the school room, another costume for Rainbow Girl. Here we have Strawberry Shortcake & Apple Dumplin combined. :)



I scored a great new tray at Goodwill for our water pitcher and cups. It's so unique and sturdy, I just love it. When is the last time you saw a handmade wooden tray, hand painted with two pineapples and a house, with heart handles?




We were nearing the end of February and realized that we had yet to decorate our e February calendar!! So, Rainbow Girl got right on that. For those wondering, we have a large desk calendar. Instead of tearing off the month before, we fold it up and Rainbow Girl decorates the back of the previous month.






She discovered on her own that if she draws her heart rainbow, then carefully uses the eraser, she could blend the colors nicely to make a beautiful rainbow.

"I am going to draw a picture of our yard!"

The picture of our yard, complete with rainbow. Behind her are shamrocks that I cut out that she arranged by size.
The next day was beautiful. We spent five or six hours outside playing and exploring, and even had friends over for a picnic.  




Thursday morning we went to Playgarden. 






Our craft of the day was needle felting little rabbits! This was my first time needle felting, and I think I did a pretty good job. :)



My rabbit is in the middle. 






And then came March. Rainbow Girl reminded me immediately that we needed to do our March calendar. 


I love the March calendar. It is complete with a rabbit, lots of clovers, flowers, green grass, blue sky, and sunshine!

Rainbow Girl reading Little Miss Muffet.

Rainbow Girl was cutting out hearts and accidentally cut the wrong direction for a heart- ending up with "angel wings." She cut out the angel body, and I cut out the head and hair. I love watching her imagination.

At this point in the day, I decided to do something different. I laid on the school room floor and toop pictures from there. Sugar Bear was concerned and confused.


Rainbow Girl called me silly... 


...then flew the angel over my head.



Yes, this is the bottom of the table.


No comments:

Post a Comment