Thursday, January 3, 2013

December 3-22, 2012

December has been a very fun [full] month, full of seasonal outings and explorations. We spent very little time in the school room.

Early in the month, I was definitely still suffering a lot from my back injury. Regular visits to the chiropractor helped me a lot. Now (January 3rd) I can say that my back is finally feeling back to normal.

My camera's lens was not behaving most of the month. It was having a hard time focusing, and just not taking the beautiful pictures that it once had. Thankfully, for Christmas, I received something from Santa to solve that problem. :)







Redskins- Ravens Game

Visiting Great Grandma to celebrate her birthday.

Here is us being matchy at Rainbow Girl's Girl Scout Christmas Party.

You may recall, we all went to the Grand Illumination at the beginning of December. We were disappointed that we really couldn't see much of the decorations, or find Rudolph, because of the masses of people. We promised Rainbow Girl that we would go back before Christmas, and we did! We found Rudolph right away, and Rainbow Girl was so pleased.







This is a photo of our city all illuminated. The photo was taken by me from the top of The Boathouse restaurant on a date with the man.



Here they are taking fire wood back to the fire pit because they knew we were planning a fire the following weekend.


Here, Rainbow Girl is signing Christmas cards. She signed all 45 cards!!!! She said, as she was signing, "Now everyone will know how Christmassy I am!!"

We went to The Nutcracker Ballet with Rainbow Girl's Girl Scout Troop. Sugar Bear stayed home with daddy for this one because it was after bedtime.


I love Christmas Carols. It is a passion that I inherited from my mom for sure. This year, I wanted to sing with friends, but caroling around to neighbor's houses with little ones sounded like a cold, colllllld evening. The solution was to sing together around a fire. It was truly a wonderful experience. Friends gathered, singing together around a fire. 


My brother, the fire master, playing his ukulele. 

My next blog features our Christmas celebrations, and mostly pictures using my new lens!

No comments:

Post a Comment